Top BSE Projects
Main Industries BSE Serves
Holy Name of Jesus
- 960 TONS
- 53,900 Square feet under roof
- Buckner was involved for over a year working with SteelFab VA and Clancy and Theys in preconstruction planning to come up with the safest and most efficient means of erection for the dome. The dome for the project was built on the ground and erected into place with a single lift with cladding and copper roof on. The total pic was 131 tons and was set with a Buckner Heavylift LR 1400.
- 4,568 tons
- 372,960 square feet under roof
- Fabricator CMC
- General Contractor was Kumho Industrial
- This job had an extremely aggressive 15-week schedule for main erection. Buckner Steel Erection’s project management and superintendents worked closely with CMC to come up with the proper sequencing and manpower to complete the project on time.
Boeing Decorative Plant
- 3,576 tons
- 23,940 Square feet under roof
- Fabricator FabArc
- General Contractor Skanska
- Buckner worked closely with SKANSKA and FabArc before the project began to develop schedules and the proper plan to build trusses. The project initially began with a 23-week projected schedule but with careful and precise planning Buckner was able to complete main erection in 19 weeks to meet the client’s request.
Boeing Assembly Plant
- 18,000 + tons
- 600,000 square feet under roof
- Fabricators CMC/FabArc
- General Contractor BE&K/Turner Joint Venture
- This project was completed on time despite the issues of weather during the main erection timing. The major trusses of this project were 614’ long with a 464’ clear span. The weight of those major trusses were in excess of 900,000 pounds.
- 3,000 tons +
- Fabricator Covenant Steel
- General Contractor was Hoar
- This project had large 80,000ton trusses that created a complex planning challenge. The timing created the largest challenge with an aggressive “15” week schedule as the goal. Buckner was able to complete the project on time and exceed expectations.